Come Work With Us!
Teach at Portland’s most advanced software development training program, and be a part of powering our city’s tech future.
Software Development Instructors
We're Hiring Full-Time and Part-Time
Alchemy Code Lab is a hub for the future makers, the movers & shakers, and the entrepreneurial go-getters & seekers of our industry -- and we’re looking for Software Development Instructors to join our growing team!
We operate in a supportive environment where everyone is empowered to experiment, take risks, fail, and build it better. Through open communication, collaboration, and shared purpose, the instructors at Alchemy Code Lab guide students to maximize their potential with code.
Our rigorous, hands-on curriculum is designed to train developers to drive real impact at Portland’s most innovative tech companies -- and graduates start their new careers at $25K a year more than other code schools in town.
Our instructors are intelligent, passionate, and highly-trained. They’re what makes Alchemy Code Lab truly unique among code schools.
Are you in?
Transcend Competency. Be Masterful.
What We’re Looking For
Our instructors are master developers. They are actively involved in the tech community, both locally and digitally. As industry-insiders, they generously share insights, best practices, and truths about the professional world with our students.
Our instructors lecture to groups of 7-20 students and connect in one-on-ones with clarity and warmth.
Empathetic & Compassionate Mentorship
We foster a safe and collaborative space for all learning styles.
We’re present and available to students, both in their technical training and professional development.
Tech-Savvy and Digitally-Connected Visioneering
In an industry that is constantly changing, we face forward and function with a finger on the pulse of what’s next.
We leverage what we know with what excites us -- and radiate that passion in the classroom.
Our instructors interpret and integrate feedback from students and fellow team members.
As an innovation-driven code school, we strive for mastery in the classroom and in the field.
We don’t just teach “getting it to work.” Rather, we encourage the practice of writing quality code that can be sustained and maintained.
Must Haves, Please
2+ years of practical industry experience with the technologies you’ll be teaching.
A working knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Web Development (HTML/CSS)
- Frontend Development (Modern Component Architectures - React/Redux or Ember, Vue, Angular2+, etc.)
- Devsigner (Frontend+UI/UX coding)
Be Part of Shaping the Future.
What We Offer
We believe the transformative power of programming generates real opportunity for our students -- and our instructors are instrumental in launching developers into rewarding professional careers. At Alchemy Code Lab, you’ll open doors and inspire students to learn who they are as a developer.
- Competitive industry salary & benefits
- Fully developed curriculum & the opportunity to create and build new course offerings
- Option of working with us as a contractor or full-time employee
- Day or Nights & Weekend
- As a full-time employee, we support your passion projects and participation in the industry by providing 6-8 weeks per year for Open Source / tech research and professional development at conferences and events.
- Light-filled collaborative work spaces & supportive team
This is an on-site, in-person position located at Alchemy Code Lab. It requires the ability to work in downtown Portland, Oregon.
- Our space is designed with an open work space, a spacious classroom, and several quiet nooks
- Co-workers and students frequently interact, and noise levels correspond to this activity
- We frequently host meetups and events in partnership with local organizations, and do our best to accommodate these groups as well as our student body
Commitment to Diversity in Tech
When Everyone in Our Community is Engaged, We All Go Further
As a holistic training program, we believe that bringing together students and professionals with varied perspectives enables breakthrough insights and solutions to emerge. That’s why we’re committed to opening doors for women, veterans, LGBTQ, and students from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech -- both in the industry and in our school.
We don’t preach inclusivity, we imbue what we do with a welcoming atmosphere as we seek to enable everyone to do their best work while they’re with us.
Women, LGBTQ & non-binary developers, and people of color are highly encouraged to apply.
Please send an email to Marty Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached and your considered response to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in teaching?
- What gets you excited about technology?
- How do you best use your superpowers?